As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Valentine’s Day is a great day for families to celebrate their love for each other. You can definitely make it sweeter with these adorable Valentines Rice Krispies Treats aka Mice Krispies Treats.
Now the best part about making this recipe is that you cant mess it up. They are so simple to make.
So grab the kids and make memories creating these cute Valentine’s Day Treats today.
Things You’ll Need to Make these Valentine’s Mice Krispies Treats
You’ll need to following items to make the treats.
Making the Rice Krispies
First, grease a microwave safe bow with 1 tbsp of butter. Then add your marshmallows and microwave for 3 minutes.
Next, add the rice krispies cereal to the marshmallows and stir until combined.
Then, line a baking pan with greased (1 tbsp butter) parchment paper and spread mixture out evenly.
Pro Tip: Use the remaining butter to grease your hands to prevent the rice krispies from sticking to you.
Let the mixture cool slightly and then cut with the cookie cutter to make hearts.
Finally, decorate with the M&Ms, icing, hearts, and licorice.
Voil`a! Time to enjoy your treats!
I promise the kids will enjoy making and eating this treat with you.
What does your family do on Valentine’s Day? Have a treat we should try? Leave it in the comments below.
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10 oz of marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Heat Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Cinnamon hearts
- Pull and Peel Licorice
- Black Icing
- Red M&Ms
1. Using 1 tbsp of butter, grease a microwave safe bowl. Add the marshmallows and microwave for 3 minutes.
2. Line baking pan with parchment paper and grease paper with 1 tbsp of butter. Set aside.
3. Add the Rice Krispies Cereal to the marshmallows and stir and mix until it is combined.
4. Pour the mixture onto the pan and spread evenly. (Use the remaining butter on your hands to ensure mixture wont stick to you.)
5. Let mixture cool slightly and use cookie cutter to make hearts.
6. Decorate the red M&Ms for the ears, red cinnamon hearts for the nose, licorice for the tail, and black icing for the eyes.
If your marshmallow treats have cooled too much the nose might not stick. Just grab a little of your black icing and use that as glue.